Catching Genesis getting published!
I know, I can’t believe it either. What is happening is a dream come true!
I have to Thank you for reading my story. Thank you for giving me your friendship, love, and support throughout my writing journey. Because of you guys, I found out that I actually love writing! NO kidding! I had no idea before Catching Genesis!
Oh, wow…I still can’t believe it’s happening and it’s literally all because of you guys (you’re like… my favorite people). I wish I could give you something… like, I don’t know, a cookie, gummy bears, or a unicorn… But instead, I’ve got something even better, (that’s right you are going to running in circles like a gosh darn puppy!).
Because you guys are so awesome I will be giving away never before seen content! Including ultra shorts, and a prequel. (*hint* think Serena and Lazarus, and Constantine’s POV) I think you’re gonna love it!!!
Anyways before I get off on a rant.
The book is going to be published FEBRUARY 19, 2018 EST!
I’m still going to be on Wattpad, but my publisher has asked me to take down the last few chapters of Catching Genesis before publishing for copyright issues =(
And there are a few awesome things going on even before then!
My publisher is setting me up with a fancy website (very professional), and they are going to be holding a cover contest. [say: whhhaaaaaattt?].
That’s right! You can submit a cover, to become the official cover of the published book. And your name will be put in the book, and on the back of the physical cover of the book! (Your name on the cover of the book. You will be famous!). Here are the guidelines.
Just send the covers to my agent at firstname.lastname@example.org by FEBRUARY 4, 2018. The only requirements are:
Book Cover Guidelines
1. Know that if we choose your cover you will get credit ON the physical cover and inside the book. This can actually help you a lot as a graphic artist and bring you future work from us and other book publishers.
2. You will have to fill out a form that lets us have the cover.
3. You can not use any copyright images. You can use Royalty Free Images.
4. We need a high res format of the cover in JPG and Photoshop format, as well so that we can use it for the paperback version of the book.
5. Cover Image size should be 5.5 by 8.5 inches in 300 Pixels per inch resolution.
The cover has to look good when Amazon Thumbnail size. The idea is that people WANT to click on it when they see the thumbnail.
The text needs to be readable.
You should use only 1 font.
The cover needs the title AND the author’s name
7. The cover needs to have the Title CATCHING GENESIS and the Author’s Name NICOLE RIDDLEY visible.
8. If your cover wins we will do everything we can to use it. If it wins we will WANT to use it because that will give us the most future sales. BUT… You do need to know that there can be odd reasons why we might not be able to. For example, we might not be able to use the Photoshop file for some reason or we might find a copyrighted image in the cover design.
9. Submit your created cover on or before FEBRUARY 4, 2018.
By the way, this is NOT mandatory. This is simply something to get you guys involved in the launch because you guys have helped me a lot to get here.
I will be giving you updates as it all happens.
So stay tuned for more updates.
I’ll see you in the next post. 🙂
P/S: I’ll be updating very soon.